7 Best Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes 2020. The Oil and Gas industry is one of the largest industries in the world. It offers a myriad of career opportunities for those trained to the highest technical and safety standards.
From Offshore drilling workers to digital transformation evangelists, a wide variety of experts find a lucrative and meaningful career in the oil and gas industry. Offshore Drilling Worker, Environmental Health and Safety Officer, Oil & Gas Engineer, and data scientist are just a few of the industry’s sought-after roles.
Training for most of these roles is available online. To make your job easier, our experts have gone through them to come up with a list of the best oil and gas courses.Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes
In the list, you will find free and paid resources that can help you train for different roles in the industry. So, make the most of these world-class training programs and give new wings to your career.Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes
7 Best Free Oil and Gas Courses, Certification & Classes Online 2020
1. Offshore Oil and Gas Introduction (Satoms)
Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes. The course aims to train people who want to work in the offshore Oil and Gas industry. It provides priceless insights into what it is like working on rigs, drillships, and support vessels.
All aspects of living and working offshore, from safety practices and work permits to emergency drills, helicopter safety, PPE, emergency alarms, and offshore living, are discussed in the course. There are bonus lectures on landing a job in the oil and gas industry and building contact.
After going through the course content, you will be able to demonstrate what you learned about work safely in a hazardous environment. Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes
- – Offshore Oil and Gas Introduction course is available for free.
- – This course comes with a completion certificate; you can add the certificate to your LinkedIn profile.
- – The course culminates in an assessment test.
- – The instructor of the course provides the support you need to learn better.
- – By completing this course, you will be able to give employers as evidence of offshore training.
- – This course improves your prospects of landing a job in the oil and gas industry.
Duration: 10 hours
Rating: 4.7 out of 5
2. Oil and Gas Safety Management (OSHAcademy)
Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes. The course covers all information and tools you need to know to keep yourself safe from the hazards that are part of working in the oil and gas industry. Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes
Be it working with unguarded machinery, electro locutions, getting struck by heavy equipment, you will learn to identify such hazards, eliminate them, and keep yourself or your employees safe. The course covers the effective Oil and Gas Industry Safety Management System.
The topics covered are safety culture, writing safety policies and programs, the hierarchy of control strategies, well site analysis, Hazard prevention and control, safety education and training, and OSHA requirements.
- – This course is available for free.
- – The course content includes video lectures, module quizzes, study guide, course activities and resources, and course exams.
- – After completing the course, you can pay a small fee to receive the course certificate.
- – Employees, supervisors, and managers working in the oil and gas industry will find this course useful.
Duration: 8 hours. Rating: 4.5 out of 5
3. How to be an Expert in Piping Components for Oil & Gas Career (Udemy)
Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes. This course is your guide to working with piping components such as Fittings, Gaskets, Flanges, Olets, Bolting materials, Orifice flanges, Valve, Spectacle Blind, and Steam traps.
The course introduces you to piping components used in Oil and Gas and other process industries. It will then talk about material, code, specifications, manufacturing, and testing of piping components. It also covers the manufacturing methods, heat treatment methods, and Code, Standard, and specification used in piping.
Next, you will learn how to inspect and test piping components in the workshop and manufacturer locations. With the completion of the course, you will become an expert in piping components and be able to teach others about them.
- – The course material includes video lectures, three articles, and seventeen downloadable resources.
- – This course by Udemy can be accessed using a computer, mobile phone, or a TV.
- – How to be an Expert in Piping Components for Oil & Gas Career is accompanied by a certificate of completion.
Duration: 3.5 hours. Rating: 4.1 out of 5
4. Introduction to Oil and Gas Drilling (Udemy)
Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes. This course gives you a peek into the dynamic and exciting process of drilling an oil and gas well. It gives you a platform to get acquainted with common ‘oil field’ terms and phrases. It discusses drill string components and the proper applications of each component in-depth. Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes
With the course content’s help, you will become familiar with components of a drilling rig, including hoisting, rotating, and circulating systems.
You will know how to identify the characteristics of a petroleum reservoir. What’s more, you will gain the confidence to discuss the drilling process with potential employers and be able to ace a job interview like a pro!
- – This course will teach you about drilling, drilling rigs and systems, petroleum geology, drill string, casing overview, and primary cementing.
- – You can access this course by Udemy using a laptop, mobile phone, or a TV.
- – Introduction to Oil and Gas Drilling comes with a certificate of completion.
Duration: 1.5 hours. Rating: 4.3 out of 5
5. Digital Oil and Gas (Udemy)
Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes. This course delves into how digital technologies will impact the oil and gas industry. If you are associated with the oil and gas industry, you must make sure to go through this course at the earliest because it will help you prepare for and lead the digital technologies’ changes.
With the help of content discussed in this course, you will get acquainted with the definitions of digital terminology. You will understand the nature of digital technologies’ impacts on oil and gas and pick up the skills necessary to lead the changes in your organization/industry.
The course provides an insight into the management challenges of adopting digital innovation and encourages you to find solutions for them. Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes
- – You are introduced to digital technologies that find application in the oil and gas industry.
- -You will understand the impact the technologies can have on the sector and brace yourself up for the changes.
- – The course content includes video lectures and 11 downloadable resources.
- – The course culminates in the final assessment test.
- – You can access Digital Oil and Gas using a computer, mobile phone, or a TV.
- – Udemy awards a certificate to those who complete this course.
Duration: 7 hours.Rating: 4.3 out of 5
6. Natural Gas by the University at Buffalo and the State University of New York (Coursera)
Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes. This course is a component of the Energy Production, Distribution & Safety specialization that explores various power sector facets. Its focus is to prepare you for a career in the oil and gas industry.
It talks about the characteristics and properties of natural gas, introduces you to gas system components and new pipeline technologies, discusses the key factors influencing the natural gas industry, and delves into natural gas’s historical use. You will learn how to identify gas and carbon monoxide safety procedures.
The topics discussed include Exploration of Natural Gas, Natural Gas Processing, Transmission and Storage, Liquefied Natural Gas, Distribution and Construction, and Safety and Customer Service. Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes
- – This course suits those considering a career in the energy field and also employees of the energy sector.
- – The course content includes lectures, readings, discussions, and various videos.
- – After completing this Natural Gas course, you can pay a small fee and receive a course certificate.
- – You can share the certificate with your current and future employers by adding it to your digital profile and printed resume.
Duration: 16 hours. Rating: 4.7 out of 5
7. Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by the Duke University (Coursera)
Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes. This course talks in-depth about the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry – operations and markets. The operations module gives you an overview of the production of oil and gas.
It covers all that you should know from initial exploration to transport. In the market module, you will examine the factors that drive the industry’s operations and the oil and gas markets. You will learn about several things like the cost of wells, oil reserves’ role, and seasonal impacts on prices. Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes
- – Every lesson is followed by short quizzes to help you test your newly acquired knowledge.
- – You get to participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets.
- – The course culminates in a final project.
- – You can pay a small fee and get a shareable certificate after completing the course.
- – You can improve your job prospects by adding the certificate to your LinkedIn profile and printed resume.
Duration: 8 hours. Rating: 4.8 out of 5
So these were the Best Oil and Gas Courses, Classes, Tutorials, Training and Certifications program available online. We hope that you found a course that will help you meet your learning goals. We wish you Happy Learning! Free Oil and Gas Courses & Classes