Accounting Manager – Remote – Washington, United States. Requires competencies in customer focus, change and innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
Job Title: Accounting Manager – New Products and Offers
Location: Bellevue, WA
Accounting Manager. Duration: Direct Hire/FTE
Accounting Manager – Remote – Washington, United States
- Lead accounting participation in new product or offer launches and other business initiatives – collaborate with enterprise teams to develop a strong understanding of new product offerings and business initiatives, assess accounting impacts, ensuring complete and timely submission to the offer or project teams.
- Identify accounting topics to address within the product/offer and business construct and vet the proper accounting treatment with the accounting policy team to ensure consistent application of accounting policies (both US GAAP and IFRS).
- Drive for sustainable system solutions for accounting considering the related financial impacts and transactional flows through active partnership and collaboration with business sponsors, accounting operations and technology teams.
- Develop end-to-end comprehensive accounting documentation for the new products, offers and business initiatives that would be used for implementation by accounting teams, financial reporting, SOX and financial audit.
- Accounting Manager. Identify and communicate issues or areas for process improvements regularly, drive for resolutions and implement best practices.
- Prepare materials for review with senior accounting leadership.
- Maintain the repository of the documentation, ensuring completeness under retention policy and SOX framework.
Verbal and written communication skills are critical. Negotiation skills are required to balance the needs of accounting and other stakeholders. Requires competencies in customer focus, change and innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Accounting Manager. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience required with 2 years of public accounting highly preferred.
- Wireless or retail industry experience preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing scalable accounting systems and/or process automation.
- Possess strong understanding of application of revenue accounting standard; similar IFRS skills a plus.
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition and ASC 606 or willingness and ability to learn.
- Proven ability to make sound, fact-based decisions and recommendations.
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple projects while meeting set deadlines of team deliverables.
- Proven ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Accounting Manager. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant highly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Understanding of large-scale data mining and project reporting tools (Rally, Essbase, SQL, Tableau, Jira) is a plus
- Staffing & Recruiting