Collection Officer – Toronto, Canada. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Manager of Collections as well as liaise with their peers, and/or other departments as required.
Summary of Function:
A permanent full-time opportunity exists with one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. Eden Park is a dynamic automotive finance company focused on helping our dealer partners sell more cars.
We espouse professionalism, ethics, fun and teamwork – and we celebrate our successes! Eden Park has been listed as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies by the Globe and Mail and Profit Magazine since 2015, and we continue to grow each year.
Collection Officer – Toronto, Canada
The Collection Officer will be responsible for the recovery of delinquent accounts by establishing effective relationships with Eden Park clients whose obligations are not being met as set forth in their contractual obligations.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Manager of Collections as well as liaise with their peers, and/or other departments as required.
Collection Officer. Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent service while ensuring exceptional results in the collection of financial loans
- Contact past due customers through the appropriate channeling methods, request and negotiate payment arrangements within authorized limits, and, send correspondence to collection customers
- Use company specific policies and procedures to maintain and coordinate firm payment recovery
- Assess and mitigate risk by referring accounts for further action
- Document all call activity details in the Collections system to reflect any action taken; e.g. commitments to pay and/or amounts and dates agreed upon
- Achieve individual collection targets in order to meet Department and Company wide goals
- Complete other collection responsibilities, as assigned
Collection Officer. Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 1+ years of prior experience in at least one of the following core areas: call centre, customer service, collections and/or consumer loan industry considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration considered an asset
- Experienced with skip tracing and familiar with using 411, social media, and the ability to understand credit bureaus
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, adaptive environment
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Solid organizational, attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate well with various teams and departments
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Clear criminal reference check
Collection Officer. Working Conditions:
- Work-from-home option available
- Collection Officers will be required to work through rotating shifts: 8:30am-5:00pm, 9:30am-6:00pm, 10:30am-7:00pm, 12:30-9:00pm, and one Saturday a month
- Extended health and dental benefits to commence after 3-month probationary period
- Fun, welcoming work environment with many growth opportunities
Collection Officer. Eden Park is an equal opportunity employer; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Financial Services