DAAD University Summer Courses offered in Germany for Foreign Students and Graduates 2021. Application close: December 2020 for courses in happening between June-November 2022
This programme aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of German (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country.DAAD University Summer Courses offered in Germany 2021
DAAD University Summer Courses offered in Germany for Foreign Students and Graduates 2021
Who can apply?
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in any subject area.
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
What can be funded?
- The programme funds attendance of language and area studies courses as well as special language / terminology courses that are offered by state or state-recognised German universities and by affiliated language schools.
- You can find out about course providers and programmes on the DAAD website under: www.daad.de/hsk-kursliste.
- The courses are taught exclusively in German.DAAD University Summer Courses offered in Germany 2021
Duration of the funding
- The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week.
- The grants are non-renewable.
- The courses usually take place in the period from June to November.DAAD University Summer Courses offered in Germany 2021
- One-off scholarship payment of 1,061 euros; scholarship holders from “Least Developed Countries” receive a scholarship of 1,236 euros.
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see: travel allowance.The overview valid for 2021 will be published soon.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- Please note:
Course fees and accommodation expenses are usually deducted directly from scholarship payments by the language course provider so that the grant holder is possibly paid only the difference to the full amount of the scholarship by the course provider.
The above mentioned payments (including travel allowance) will not be transferred abroad.DAAD University Summer Courses offered in Germany 2021
- A selection committee reviews applications
- The most important selection criteria are:
– previous academic achievements
– convincing motivation for choice of study programme and subject
Areas of Studies
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Law, Economics and Social Sciences
- Mathematics/Natural Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine/Agriculture, Forestry and Nutritional Science
- Art, Music, Sport
More information / Source: Official Website.