Lead Accountant – Dubai, United Arab Emirates. We need an individual who is an ‘out of the box’ thinker and can use their resilience, agility and tenacity to be successful in the role.
We are a leading physical trading firm operating out of the UAE, covering a range of oil products in physical markets. We are seeking a Lead Accountant with oil & gas experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, payroll payments.
Lead Accountant – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We are seeking a candidate that is highly proactive, can maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality, has excellent organizational skills and the ability to demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail. We need an individual who is an ‘out of the box’ thinker and can use their resilience, agility and tenacity to be successful in the role.
Lead Accountant . Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing / analysis of accounts payable, accounts receivable, matching purchase orders / sales orders with invoices and supporting documentation, and all intercompany transactions.
- Analyse / reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts on an ongoing basis and for period / year-end closings.
- Responsible for month-end close and ensure that accounting tasks are completed according to internal (and external) deadlines including, physical transactions and related costs, intercompany physical transactions, reconciliation of trading PnL to accounting.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, yearly financial statements, including management reporting, IFRS financial statements, Bank reports, Budget vs actuals reporting.
- Keep track of overheads, allocate / recharge to different group entities and prepare monthly G&A analysis.
- Relationship with external auditors and tax administration; as well as prepare documentation for external auditors.
- Responsible for handling employee expense reports, arranging settlement, handling / managing office expense payments.
- Other projects as assigned
Apply Also: KPMG Job Vacancies: UAE-Qatar-USA-UK-Canada
Lead Accountant . Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3 years in a commodity trading environment (understanding of physical oil trading business is an asset).
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager.
- Autonomous, proactive and continuously thinking ahead.
- Oil & Energy