Python Developer / IT Analyst – North York, Canada. Nexus Energy is currently looking for a motivated and talented individual to join our Data Architect & Solution team, to provide solutions/support to both the trading and operation teams.
Python Developer / IT Analyst – North York, Canada
The role consists of 60% software development and 40% IT application support. As a Python Developer/IT Analyst, you will need:
- Python Developer / IT Analyst.Write quality, clean and maintainable Python code using programming best practices.
- Build new features and fix bugs in Python.
- Troubleshoot software issues and implement bug fixes.
- Translate functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs.
- Provide estimates for development efforts.
- Provide system analysis, regular maintenance and technical support to the internal applications.
- Partner with internal teams to deploy and support production & non-production environments.
- Apply analytical and technical skills to investigate the day-to-day system and business issues, determine the root cause and deliver viable solutions.
- Python Developer / IT Analyst.B.S. in Computer Science / Co-op Software Engineering Stream / Mathematics
- Good experience in IT application support
- Hands-on experience with Python is a must
- Strong database design skills and fluent in SQL statements
- Python Developer / IT Analyst.Demonstrated experience in applications development in a Linux environment
- Application development experience in the financial industry is a plus
- Methodical, organized and able to multi-task
- Fast learner, self-starter, solution-oriented and productive worker
- Ability to work independently, as a team player and in a fast-paced environment
- Oil & Energy
- Information Technology
Python Developer / IT Analyst