Vice President Of Engineering – New York, United States. We’re looking for a veteran engineering leader who can guide Lighter’s technical decisions in order to realize the ambitious vision we have for the future of our SaaS platform.
Lighter is a leader in digital health, providing personalized nutrition coaching that. improves an individual’s health and wellbeing. We take a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to solving one of the most important questions of our day: how do we help people eat better?
We are registered dieticians, nutritionists, engineers, recipe developers, data-scientists, designers, and business leaders who know that any solution requires a blending of brilliant technology and humanity.
Lighter is a high growth venture-backed start-up — our platform has been adopted by large health systems, leading academic researchers and large enterprises that understand our food-as-medicine philosophy and have seen the impact our platform has on improving people’s lives.
Vice President Of Engineering – New York, United States
As our company is growing, we are expanding our engineering team and are seeking an experienced Vice President of Engineering to plan and manage the scaling of our technology platform, ensuring that we can improve the lives of millions of people in this next phase of growth.
We are a completely remote-based company operating primarily on East Coast hours — you can work anywhere utilizing our suite of tools to remain connected and productive with the rest of our company and your team.
Vice President Of Engineering. Your Impact
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Engineering will be responsible for driving the development of our software platform, working with company leadership to identify business needs and prioritize engineering efforts.
We’re looking for a veteran engineering leader who can guide Lighter’s technical decisions in order to realize the ambitious vision we have for the future of our SaaS platform.
We are seeking a collaborative leader who can empower others to achieve their potential, working cross-functionally in our growing organization to ensure that our products and services meet the needs of our customers.
Vice President Of Engineering. Your Responsibilities
- Work with leadership to help define and then deliver on corporate product strategy.
- Develop and own technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with data and insights-driven business goals.
- Communicate technology strategy to executive leadership, partners, and Board of Directors.
- Supervise system infrastructure and security to ensure functionality, stability, manageability, and efficiency.
- Work with Product team and key stakeholders to evaluate and prioritize roadmap initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional communication across all lines of business, ensuring alignment by communicating critical technical challenges to non-technical business members.
- Create a high-functioning engineering team, implementing best practices in software engineering, and working closely with the Product team to continually improve the software development process.
- Oversee security and privacy practices within the company and product, working with the COO to manage all compliance requirements, with the goal of obtaining and maintaining SOC II compliance.
Vice President Of Engineering. Skills & Experience
- At least 10+ years of overall experience in web application engineering with a clear record of successfully delivering high-quality software.
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams, preferably in a high-growth start-up environment.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with multi-tenant SaaS application architecture.
- Deep understanding of security and compliance requirements in enterprise software applications. Experience navigating HIPAA compliance is ideal but not a strict requirement.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to influence & lead at a company level.
- Very strong critical thinking and analysis skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while maintaining focus on long-term company goals.
- Health tech background or B2B/Enterprise experience is ideal but not a strict requirement.
*We are a proud equal opportunity employer*
Email resume to: email@example.com