Vice President, Retail Leasing – Toronto, Canada. The Vice President, Retail Leasing is accountable for the ownership and oversight of national retail leasing activities and relationships at Crombie.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada’s leading REIT’s, but more importantly we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real estate.
We hire people who are passionate about real estate, growing their communities, and who are committed to our values.
Vice President, Retail Leasing – Toronto, Canada
Being supported in your professional development, having your contributions and unique talents valued, feeling a sense of challenge and purpose, and being surrounded by a highly engaged team that loves what they do are just a few of the reasons to join our growing team.
The Vice President, Retail Leasing is accountable for the ownership and oversight of national retail leasing activities and relationships at Crombie.
Reporting to our Senior Vice President, Leasing & Operations, the Vice President, Retail Leasing is a member of Crombie REIT’s leadership team, a thought leader and contributor to Crombie’s national business strategy. Additional duties of the Vice President, Retail Leasing include but are not limited to;
- Building and developing a highly effective team to support future talent needs within the organization, coaching the team to meet or exceed budget and occupancy targets.
- Collaborating with Talent Management to drive Crombie’s employee value proposition and improve employee engagement to align culture, values, and priorities.
- Overseeing the planning, negotiation and execution of national retail leasing activities for Crombie, driving cash flow growth and ensuring value-added reporting is in place.
- Developing an overall national retail leasing strategy for Crombie, identifying process/systems improvements and ensuring implementation, national consistency, and adherence to corporate brand standards for all properties.
- Providing leadership for value creation projects across Canada, ensuring the strategic positioning of existing or potential future assets with a focus on NOI/revenue growth.
- Attracting and securing new business to upcoming and developing Crombie-REIT properties, including speciality leasing mixed-use properties and developments.
- Effectively leveraging an understanding of the construction and tendering process for commercial developments to negotiate competitive leases for all Crombie development properties.
- Setting strategic retail leasing targets and plans, annual retail leasing budgets, and quarterly retail leasing priorities; monitoring progress against goals and the quality of service of all leasing activities.
- Reviewing relevant legal and leasing documents, assessing all strengths, weaknesses and risks associated with prospective tenants as well as identifying and describing mitigating factors.
- Effectively communicating with all key stakeholder groups (current & prospective tenants, operations, construction, development, finance, and lease administration) to understand business objectives, build relationships and align with Crombie’s national portfolio strategy.
- Building and managing a pipeline of potential tenants; developing and maintaining strong current and prospective tenant relationships within the industry.
- Cultivating strong relationships with Sobeys, the brokerage community, partners, national tenants, existing tenants and anchor tenants, and others as appropriate; leveraging existing relationships with national tenants and their representatives to create opportunities.
- Bringing keen market and industry knowledge, identifying retail leasing trends, as well as an in-depth knowledge of comparable properties’ metrics and financial performance.
Our successful candidate will have:
Our ideal candidate would have a minimum of seven to ten years related experience in leasing at a leadership level. Applicants should possess exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, and an ability to manage a complex, dynamic workload.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader with strong professional presence, effective communication skills, clear career ambition and decisive position ownership mindset.
The successful candidate must be a strong people leader who is decisive, strategic and able to lead and engage a geographically dispersed team.
The successful candidate must have sound knowledge of the commercial real estate industry, market drivers, economic trends, as well as strong relationships within the industry.
The ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally, and the ability to lead a team in an entrepreneurial environment will be key to success in the role.
Headquartered in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia – Crombie REIT has been consistently recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers. Crombie REIT offers flexible work schedules and location and a fast-paced working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume
Subject: Vice President, Retail Leasing
Crombie REIT thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Commercial Real Estate