150 Work From Home Jobs – The Big List You Won’t Want to Miss. When it comes to work-from-home jobs, the possibilities are endless. Over the past 10 years, technology has allowed more and more tasks to be performed remotely.
And more and more companies and contractors are turning to work from home job opportunities due to increased flexibility and reduction in costs – for both sides.
150 Work From Home Jobs – The Big List You Won’t Want to Miss
If you are in the market for a work from home job, there are several categories to consider and companies that may be hiring as we speak.150 Work From Home Jobs
Accounting & Bookkeeping
150 Work From Home Jobs.With today’s technology, almost all accounting activities can be performed offsite. Accounting positions often require a degree. Many bookkeeping positions are entry-level and more along the lines of data entry of receipts and invoices.
- Bateman & Co. hires CPAs to prepare tax returns for individuals and corporations. These are permanent, part-time positions. Three years experience necessary.
- AccountingDepartment.com has virtual jobs available in many areas of accounting and bookkeeping. The experience and training required will vary by position.150 Work From Home Jobs
- ClickNwork pays financial analysts up to $150 per hour to complete economic papers and company profiles. High-level experience is required.
- TAD Accounting offers full-service accounting solutions to small businesses and frequently hires remote bookkeepers.
- ClickAccounts strives to be the best BPO service provider. Contact them by email to learn more about joining their team.
- Bookminders allows their accountants to work from home. You will need a four-year degree and at least five years of experience. A car is also necessary for meeting with local clients.150 Work From Home Jobs
When you see ads saying “work from home for Google,” quality rating is perhaps the only opportunity that is legit though you won’t be contracted by Google directly.
The below companies hire contractors to rate the legitimacy and quality of search engine results and ads and report back to search engines like Google and Bing.
The work is only part-time and you may experience an ebb and flow in workload and most companies have a non-compete that will prohibit you working in the same capacity at another company.150 Work From Home Jobs
But the good news is these companies won’t ask you to pay for some training booklet like those scam ads.
- Appen hires Web Search Evaluators and Social Media Evaluators to work flexible, part-time schedules up to 4 hours a day (5 days a week). This is an entry-level position so required experience is minimal.
- Lionbridge periodically hires Internet Assessors for contractor work, and you must complete an assessment before being offered any projects. Their pay information is confidential.150 Work From Home Jobs
Bilingual Interpreting & Translating
150 Work From Home Jobs.These positions obviously require candidates to be fluent in more than one language. The work is usually pretty flexible.
- Telelanguage hires for several positions on occasion including remote telephone interpreters. Experience and training are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Accurapid is always open to new talent. You will need to complete an application and sample test.
- LanguageLine Solutions has been providing translator and interpreter services for over 34 years. International opportunities are available.150 Work From Home Jobs
- Ubiquis hires interpreters, translators and foreign language transcriptionists.
- Translations ABC is continually looking for qualified contractors.
- ACADEMICWORLD is specifically looking for those with experience editing and translating academic writing.
Coaching & Consulting
150 Work From Home Jobs. Is one of your natural born traits motivating others? Are you able to look at a business and see the holes and spaces for improvement? You may be a great business coach or consultant.150 Work From Home Jobs
- HourlyNerd contracts consultants with an MBA or those working towards one to assist businesses with everything from financial analysis to developing marketing plans.
- Tony Robbins hires business coaches with at least seven years experience.
- Toptal contracts the top business professionals worldwide and everyone works remotely. There is a waitlist. Applicants are screened in batches.150 Work From Home Jobs
Customer Service – Chat & Email
Work-at-home chat jobs are extremely coveted. You will rarely see them pop-up and the competition from applicants is high when they do. Because of that, I’m simply listing the company name and what they call the position. Keep an eye on their job boards.150 Work From Home Jobs
- Apple – iTunes chat operator
- Wayfair – Chat Sales and Service Consultant (Bachelor’s degree or seven years experience needed)
- Site Staff – not always hiring, but always accepting apps
Customer Service – Phone
150 Work From Home Jobs. Stop! Before you skip over this section, there are a few things you should know about work-at-home jobs that require you to speak with customers over the phone. For starters, it’s not all telemarketing and sales.
There are a lot of unique gigs that you may find interesting.
Yardi Matrix, for example, hires remote workers to call and get information about apartments that are available for rent. And they don’t even care if your kids can be heard in the background.
If you are serious about making a full-time income from home quickly, you also need to consider these jobs are plentiful, they require little experience and equipment and most pay in the $8-$15 per hour range.
Take some time to see what’s over there and what they have to offer. Glassdoor.com is one of my favorite places to get feedback on opportunities. You may even end up with a full-time work-from-home job with benefits! (I’ve added notes for anything unique)
- Amazon often only hires from specific states, so be sure to always check the job listing.
- American Express works to deliver Relationship Care® through their agents, providing top-notch customer service where their agents find tailored solutions to unique customer queries.
- ACD Direct requires that you have both call center and work-at-home experience to join their network of at-home agents
- Alorica at Home (formerly West at Home) provides great flexibility and variety to their agents, so you may walk people through as-seen-on-tv sales one shift and tech support the next.
- Appen‘s goal is to help big companies create better experiences for their customers through the improvement of eCommerce sites, social media platforms, and more.
- Asurion offers work-at-home opportunities to agents who want to provide tech-oriented customer support for various personal devices.
- VIPdesk hires customer service reps to work from home in a variety of industries
- Concentrix regularly holds virtual job fairs where you can chat with live recruiters about their work-at-home positions.
- DoorDash rarely lists this opportunity on their site: watch for Order Placer on Indeed or Craigslist.
- Hilton provides an opportunity to build a career in the hospitality industry (complete with advancement opportunities) without ever leaving your home
- LiveOps provides customer support for a variety of industries, so you may find yourself doing inbound sales, roadside assistance, insurance claims, or any number of other call types.
- Maritz Research hires interviewers to conduct consumer surveys on behalf of its big-name clients – and they offer a variety of other work-from-home positions as well.
- NextWave Advocacy focuses on political fundraising, hiring people to help them organize by identifying and interviewing supporters for a political issue or by listening to people’s stories and writing them down.
- Nordstrom/Hautelook occasionally offers work-from-home positions that are generally available to residents in certain states such as Florida and North Carolina.
- PostMates: you have to get a referral from an existing agent, so watch the WPLH forum for openings.
- Sedgwick, which handles reporting insurance claims, recruits from a full array of demographics, with room for experienced professionals, industry newcomers, and students as well.
- Sykes requires you to pass several assessments before participating in a virtual interview which involves both individual and group discussions
- Sutherland CloudSource has been in business for over 30 years and built an extensive, global virtual call center to leverage for the benefit of their clients.
- U-Haul needs people for their remote contact center who can assist their customers in sales and reservations, roadside assistance, and general customer service.
- VoiceLog promises a guaranteed minimum hourly rate, at the time of publishing this post, while you work remotely providing third-party verification services.
- Westat is a research company that hires remote workers to conduct phone interviews: search their job board for Telephone Data Collection.
- Working Solutions, aka WorkingSol, is another company offering flexible and scalable outsourced customer service for their clients.
- Yardi Matrix (previously Pierce-Eislen) hires rent surveyors seasonally to keep their data up-to-date on apartment communities across the nation
150 Work From Home Jobs. Data entry is hard to come by, especially if you are looking to earn a living wage. Because the competition for these positions is so high, rates are often super low. And the wait list is often super long.
- Great American Opportunities contractors freelance to enter order forms remotely. There is a long wait list and they only offer to test the first few days in January and June. Competition is high, so this job is not listed on their website. You have to email to request the test January 1 or June 1.
- The Smart Crowd, formerly Virtual Bee, works on a piecemeal payscale. The pay can be really low and the work is sporadic.
- Dion Data always has a job listing on their website for data entry, but they rarely need to hire new contractors. The competition for data entry is extremely high. Put in your application and find another gig to pay the bills while you wait.
- Sigtracker hires contractors to process voter registrations and petition signatures. They only have openings a few times per year and you will need to pass a test.
150 Work From Home Jobs. So this one is not necessarily working from home, but we all need to leave the house sometime. And for those with a more outgoing personality that may find remote work stifling, making money as a contract driver can be a great way to get out there and meet new people.
For safety reasons, these gigs require a background check and valid proof of insurance. Most also have required training.
- Uber – now operating in most major cities.
- Lyft – very similar to Uber.
- LiftHero – specializes in driving and concierge services for the elderly. Currently operating in California.
- PostMates is now in most major U.S. cities and hires both car drivers and bicyclists to make deliveries on demand.
- Amazon Flex says their drivers earn $18 – $25 an hour per the website making Amazon and Prime Now deliveries.
- Munchery is currently in New York, NY only and offering scheduled shifts to food delivery drivers.
- GoShare is contracting drivers with trucks or vans to help people move. Gigs can include everything from hauling away junk to moving a small apartment or furniture.
- HopSkipDrive – make money driving kids around
Freelance Writing & Editing
150 Work From Home Jobs. If you have great grammar and research skills, there is plenty of work waiting for you as a freelance writer or proofreader. Plenty of work! And it can pay great and offer you the utmost in flexible scheduling and work-anywhere capability.
- LoveToKnow hires writers to cover topics ranging from money and finance to cocktails.
- EduWriters offers writing, editing and research services to students and teaching professionals.
- EditFast – All topics are accepted, but you must have your topic approved.
- iWriter pays weekly. Pay is low to start, but Expert Writers can move up. Keep it in your back pocket for slow times.
- The Dollar Stretcher focuses on frugal living.
- Textbroker is another content mill paying on a tier based on quality and experience. These are good things to keep on the side in case of emergency, but you have way better-paying options available.
- Developer Tutorials pays for content related to coding and web design. Articles need to be a minimum of 1000 words.
- Babble pays per article on topics like parenting, entertainment, and food.
- Knitty pays per published piece. They focus on knitting topics.
- Fund Your Life Overseas and Incomes Abroad pay per article on ways to make money while living overseas.
- Dorkly pays for comic and anime topics.
- Funds for Writers will pay for original content that helps aspiring writers make more money.
- Upworthy pays for meaningful stories that help create a better world.
- Doctor of Credit will pay per article. Their focus is personal finance.
- Scribendi is often looking for editors and proofreaders to join their crew offering fast turn-around editing services for their clients.
- Bustle is often seeking writers to fill out their expanding section coverage, and you can periodically find editorial positions available with them as well
Apply Also: 10 Surprising Jobs You Can Do From Home
Medical Coding, Transcription & Billing
150 Work From Home Jobs. Remote jobs in this field require training or previous work experience. That being said, they also tend to pay a little better than many work-at-home positions. CareerStep offers accredited training in this field. They also offer tuition assistance and work directly with many companies that hire remote workers.
- InScribe welcomes new medical transcription graduates from the U.S. and Canada with the exception of California and New York.
- Amphion hires for transcription and medical coding. You will need to be properly trained for any opportunity in the medical coding, transcription or billing category.
- eBilling Solutions hires for coding, receivables, and data entry. You will need knowledge of HIPAA and be able to pass a rigorous background check.150 Work From Home Jobs
- Aviacode hires remote medical coders. Certification and experience requirements vary by position.
150 Work From Home Jobs.These sites are not going to pay the bills on their own, but many people enjoy them for their varied tasks and quick completion.150 Work From Home Jobs
- mTurk, or Amazon Mechanical Turk, is a site I used to visit on my lunch breaks way back before I started working from home. The tasks include data entry, transcription, completing surveys, etc. The pay is pretty low, but the tasks can be quick and easy. There are a couple of really good subreddits to follow for tips and HITsWorthTurking.
- Clickworker has listed among their categories of help wanted text creation, data categorization, data tagging, editing and more.150 Work From Home Jobs
- Microworkers isn’t as big as mTurk, but the pay may be marginally better.
- Field Agent is a smartphone app that lists local tasks in your community. You may be asked to do things like visiting a local store to check the price of an item or snap a picture of a display.
Social Media & Community Management
150 Work From Home Jobs. Do you spend your days on Facebook and Instagram? Do you love interacting with others on these platforms? You could make some money from home as a social media or community manager.
- ModSquad Mods help moderate forums, customer chat and social media communities.
- Crisp Thinking strives to check every comment left on the social media profiles of their clients for spam, bullying, and bad feedback.150 Work From Home Jobs
- eModeration occasionally has openings for social media managers. Keep an eye on their job board for openings.
- 99 Social hires Content Specialists. They ask that you commit to a minimum of 10 client accounts per week (approximately 3.5 hours).150 Work From Home Jobs
150 Work From Home Jobs.These positions require some technical knowledge. You may be helping customers troubleshoot their PC or something similar. As such, you need great customer service skills as well.
- Geeks.online, formerly GeeksOnTime, contracts freelancers across the nation to perform remote and onsite computer repair and service.
- Best Buy hires work-from-home agents for their Geek Squad. Search their job board for “remote” or “work from home.”
- Apple hires At-Home Advisors to support their technology products. You will need a minimum of two years troubleshooting experience.
- Xerox has been an advocate of working from home for over 30 years. They currently employ over 8,000 remote techs.150 Work From Home Jobs
150 Work From Home Jobs. In this position, you will be taking an audio file and typing it into text form. These are production-based pay. The faster and more accurate you type, the more you will earn. Some companies hire with no experience, others require it.
- Rev.com prefers some experience. It’s very flexible, however.150 Work From Home Jobs
- TranscribeMe is open to newbies, operates on a microtask, crowd-based setup.
- GMR Transcription stopped by recently to tell us more about transcription and their company.
- Tigerfish says no experience is needed, you just need to pass their test
- Allegis wants 2+ years experience, but I’ve heard only good things about them
- Net Transcripts hires for a lot of legal and police transcription (interesting!), you need to be a resident of the U.S. and pass a background check
- Focus Forward prefers transcription experience.150 Work From Home Jobs
- Accutran Global pays their transcribers by the word. They welcome beginners.
- Appen hires globally. If you are bilingual, you will likely have additional transcription opportunities available. This company pays by the word as well.
- CastingWords Workshop uses a grading system to determine how much you will be paid for your work, ranging from their base pay up to 3 times the base amount.
- Daily Transcription provides transcription in the entertainment industry as well as the usual corporate, legal, and academic areas.
- QuickTate provides transcription of voicemail message, letters, medical files and more; additionally, they audit and analyze audio recordings and phone conversations.150 Work From Home Jobs
150 Work From Home Jobs. There are several ways you can go with online tutoring. If you want to tutor elementary or high schools in traditional subjects like math or science, you are probably going to need a state teaching certificate.150 Work From Home Jobs
If you want to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) to adults, that may not be necessary. Either route you take, tutoring can be a great side hustle as there’s high demand in the evenings and on weekends.
- Studypool – Connecting students with tutors on a per question basis. Simply answer students questions and get paid. Earn up to $500/week tutoring part-time or potentially up to 60K a year tutoring, only 15% commission.150 Work From Home Jobs
- InstaEDU pays per hour, you must be enrolled in college or a college graduate to apply. You also must have a Facebook profile to become a tutor.
- At Tutor.com, college students, teachers, and industry professionals are encouraged to apply. There is a current need for math, science and foreign language tutors
- Aim-for-A requires a teaching certificate and Bachelor’s degree.150 Work From Home Jobs
- EduwizardS allows you to set your own rates. A Bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
- SmartThinking offers paid training. Pay is hourly and they want you to commit to a minimum of 9 hours per week.
- TutorABC is a very popular ESL site. Tutors are paid per hour. University degree or previous ESL experience required as is the ability to obtain TESOL/TEFL certification.
- goFLUENT offers ESL tutoring. Employee positions are available. They ask for a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week. They are hiring in Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Oregon, New York and Washington, prioritizing candidates who speak fluent Chinese (Mandarin), Italian, Japanese, Korean, German, Spanish, or Portuguese, in addition to excellent English.
- Cambly – Pays $.17/minute for time spent teaching English online ($10.20/hour). Payment is made by PayPal weekly.
- VIPKID Reportedly pays $14 to $22 per hour (per their website at the time of publishing this post). Applicant needs to be a resident of the US or Canada with at least 1 year or 500 hours of teaching experience. You also need an Undergraduate degree and reliable computer and internet.150 Work From Home Jobs
150 Work From Home Jobs. Becoming a virtual assistant can be a great opportunity for those with an administrative background. You may be making calls, setting appointments, scheduling a book tour. The possibilities are endless.150 Work From Home Jobs
- Fancy Hands contracts virtual assistants to complete small tasks like scheduling appointments and internet research. The pay is per task and determined by the complexity and amount of time it will take to complete.
- BELAY hires Virtual Executive Assistants. Tasks are varied. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Gabbyville specializes in virtual receptionist and customer support though their task list spills over into email management, online scheduling and more. You will need to email to inquire about job openings.
- Red Butler specializes in executive assistant and travel services.
- BOLDLY pays their VAs $15 to $20 per hour.
- Vicky Virtual is another virtual receptionist company.
- Time Etc hires virtual assistants to work with their clients across many industries – they have work for ghostwriters, executive assistants, email marketers, and more.150 Work From Home Jobs
Voice Over Acting
150 Work From Home Jobs. Have you ever wondered who narrates those audio books or commercials? It might just be someone working from the comfort of their own home.
- Filmless works with Fortune 500 companies. The turnaround time is tight – 24 hours. You will need to have a home studio.
- VoiceBunny contracts experienced voice actors. Projects will be sporadic. You set your own rates.150 Work From Home Jobs
The Best Place to Find Even More Work from Home Jobs
150 Work From Home Jobs.If you’re looking for traditional work, you can always go to the traditional job boards (like Indeed, Career Builder, and Monster) and search for jobs using keywords like “remote” and “telecommute.” You can also search for industry-specific job boards online and see what kinds of ads are posted there — and how frequently.
You can read blogs like this one, where I write about all the different work from home jobs I can find. I also share hot job leads in my email newsletter, which is great because it means the job ads come to you instead of you having to go find them.
But if you rely on sites like mine, you’ll know about the great jobs out there but you’re potentially up against some steep competition when it comes to landing them.150 Work From Home Jobs