AAUW International Fellowships USA – Deadline 15 November 2020. International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Opens: August 1
Deadline: November 15
AAUW International Fellowships USA – Deadline 15 November 2020
International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported. AAUW International Fellowships USA
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by the application deadline, and must have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application. Up to five International Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowships are renewable for a second year; fellows will receive application information for this competitive program.
Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls. Recipients return to their home countries to become leaders in business, government, academia, community activism, the arts or scientific fields. AAUW International Fellowships USA
For questions or technical support, please email email@example.com.
Master’s/first professional degree: $18,000
November 15, 2020, by 11:59 p.m. Central Time
Deadline for online submission of application, recommendations, and supporting documents.
April 15, 2021
Notification of decisions emailed to all applicants. AAUW is not able to honor requests for earlier notification.
July 1, 2021–June 30, 2022
When a deadline or notification date falls on a weekend, the date will be observed on the following business day. AAUW International Fellowships USA
- International Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants).
- Members of the AAUW board of directors, committees, panels, task forces and staff, including current interns, are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants. A person holding a current award is eligible for election or appointment to boards, committees, panels and task forces.
- International Fellowships are open to scholars who identify as women, in all fields of study.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply. AAUW International Fellowships USA
- To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2020.
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career.
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score or other acceptable verification.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2020, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. Fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their acceptance materials.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2020; and indicate where they will conduct their research. AAUW International Fellowships USA
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available to Graduate Women International members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Applicants can apply for the fellowship for any year of their program, but must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible. AAUW International Fellowships USA
- Distance learning/online programs: Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowships support traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges or universities. This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance-learning or online programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components.
- Final decisions about what constitutes distance learning under these fellowships will be made by AAUW.
*TOEFL is given at designated test centers throughout the world. Applicants planning to take the TOEFL should check test locations, dates, and formats and take the test as early as possible. The code for AAUW is 9231.
This code must be written on the test registration form so that the scores will be reported directly to AAUW and score report request form for tests previously taken. AAUW International Fellowships USA
TOEFL is changing to an internet-based test and will be administered through the internet in most countries. Questions? Contact the U.S. Embassy in the applicant’s country.
You can also write to: ETS TOEFL at TOEFL Services, Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541-6151 USA; visit their website, ets.org/toefl; fax 610.290.8972; call 609.771.7100; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AAUW International Fellowships USA