Java Developer – Singapore, SG. You are a subject matter expert on design principles and coding languages, using this expertise to create quick and useful solutions to problems experienced by the team.
As a developer you will be building high performance calculators for the global lending platform of UBS.
You are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, innovative – and able to work well in a fast paced, global, cross-functional, and team-oriented environment while demonstrating technical know-how, effective communication and getting things done.
Java Developer – Singapore, SG
You are a subject matter expert on design principles and coding languages, using this expertise to create quick and useful solutions to problems experienced by the team.
Java Developer. Responsibilities:
- Create high complex calculators using standard and client-speciﬁc software development tools to enhance;
- Liaise with Methodology team (quantitative finance subject matter experts) to provide state-of-the-art calculators for the platform;
- Design, code, and test the calculators according to the standard development lifecycle of UBS;
- Develop prototypes to test potential solutions for calculators
- Support your calculator during production rollouts, production incidents, bug fixes, and implementation of new feature requests
- Write and review technical documents, including design, development, and revision
You will be part of the Wealth Management IT Lending team based out of Singapore.
Java Developer. Your expertise
- Degree in a Computer Science related discipline or equivalent;
- Excellent communication and time management skills, with a track record of handling multiple work streams;
- Good experience in R and its mathematical libraries;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of multi-threaded design and implementation
- Minimum 6 years’ of Java application development end-to-end experience and good experience with the available Java Math libraries
- Good understanding of Generalized AutoRegressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity (GARCH), Exponentially Weighted Moving Average (EWMA) and distribution fitting is a plus
- Source code Git experience is a must;
- Comfortable working on Linux-based systems;
- Knowledge in linear and/or non-linear mathematical optimization libraries is a plus;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good knowledge in statistics is a plus
- Excellent team collaboration skills with different client groups (business and IT groups)
- Experience in cloud and microservices
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Java Developer. Join us
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
- Financial Services