Trent University International Scholarships 2021, Canada. Opening Soon: October 2020
Application deadline: February 15, 2021 for Application based Scholarships (see below).
Trent University offers range of Scholarships to International Students. Two Entrance Scholarships (see below) are automatically considered along with your application to one of the University program:
Entrance Scholarships (Automatic)
Trent University International Scholarships
All students applying to Trent are automatically considered for Trent University Entrance Scholarships, awarded for academic excellence. These range in value from $1,000 to $3,000 and are non-renewable. Final average calculated on academic subjects only.
Students on a Year/Term Study Abroad at Trent are not eligible for Entrance Scholarship. ESL students are eligible for consideration, however the scholarship is tenable for undergraduate studies (and not for ESL).
The scholarship amount will be split between the first two terms of studies.
The scholarship can be combined with Trent International Global Citizen Awards.
|90% – 94%||$2500|
|85% – 89%||$1500|
|80% – 84%||$1000|
IB Entrance Scholarships
All international students applying for admission to Trent on the basis of IB diploma are automatically considered for an IB Entrance Scholarship. To qualify for a $1,000 IB Entrance Scholarship, students must complete an IB diploma.Trent University International Scholarships
The scholarship can be combined with a Trent University Entrance Scholarship and Trent International Global Citizen Awards. The scholarship amount will be given in the first term of studies.Trent University International Scholarships
Application-based: Trent International Scholarships and Awards
Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards
Awarded to entering international students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership potential, and some financial need.
Scholarships and Awards partially fund tuition and ancillary fees at Trent in amounts between $2,000 and $25,000 per academic year (housing excluded)*.Trent University International Scholarships
Trent International Program Tuition Levy Scholarship
This scholarship is funded by Trent University students through an annual levy. Based on high academic achievement and a strong record of community and/or international service, leadership and financial need.
The Scholarship covers international tuition and ancillary fees of approximately $25,000 per academic year (housing excluded).Trent University International Scholarships
Trent-United World Colleges (UWC) Scholarships
Trent University International Scholarships. Awarded to an international student entering Trent University from a UWC college who demonstrates outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership potential and financial need.
The value of the scholarship is determined upon assessment of financial need and may extend to cover international tuition and ancillary fees of approximately $25,000 per academic year (housing excluded).
Justin Chiu International Scholarships
Established by Justin Chiu, who benefited from the Trent experience as an international student. Awarded to entering international students from Asia who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership potential, and some financial need.
Scholarships partially fund the costs of a Trent education in amounts between $3,000 and $15,000 per academic year.Trent University International Scholarships
Maple Leaf Leadership Award
Awarded to an international student entering Trent University from a Maple Leaf Education System school who demonstrates outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership potential and financial need. The value of the award is $2,000 and is given on a one time basis to a maximum of 5 students per year.
*housing fees (including a meal plan) may range from $9,000 to $14,100 per academic year. In addition, students need to budget approximately $2,500-$3,000 for books, supplies and pocket money.Trent University International Scholarships
Scholarship Eligibility & Application Information
Awarded to entering internationals students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership potential, and some financial need.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve good academic standing in each year of your studies and maintain your status as an international student on a study permit.Trent University International Scholarships
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a study permit.
- You must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at Trent University for the Fall 2021 intake.
- You must be entering Trent University from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- You must meet Trent University’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (“A average or equivalent standard).
- You must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement.
- You must upload two letters of recommendation.
- You must complete and submit the online Trent International Scholarships & Awards application by February 15, 2021 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time, on your MyTrent portal.Trent University International Scholarships
General Application Details
The Trent International Scholarships & Awards application form can be found on your MyTrent portal under the Finances tab. A 7-digit Trent student ID number is required to log in to the MyTrent portal, which you will receive within 5 business days of applying to Trent.Trent University International Scholarships
Please provide the following information on the form:
- Information about applicant
- Financial resources and estimated costs
- Personal statement (500 words max)
- List of community service and/or extra-curricular activities (3 activities)
- Critical reflection of community service and/or extra-curricular involvement (500 words max)
- Essay on a topic that you are passionate about (500 words max)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Full application details will be available in the Trent International Scholarships & Awards application form when it opens in mid-October 2020.
- Students do not need an offer of admission to apply for Trent International Scholarships & Awards.
- Scholarship values are subject to change.Trent University International Scholarships
Scholarship Application Deadline for September 2021 Session
Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards Application can be found on the “Scholarships and Awards Application Forms“. Deadline is February 15, 2021.
Source: Trent University Official Website.